Our Infertility Adoption Story- There's No Such Thing As An Unwanted Child or Pregnancy

Friday, December 14, 2012

Precious Life

I know, I know....it's been a while since my last post.  I really try to not let so much time go in between but the days just get away from me sometimes, ya know?
Soooooo, what's happened since my last writing...

Let's see...

Hubby and I have both had pneumonia.  "Not fun" does not even begin to describe that.  I always thought of pneumonia as just a really bad cold.  You take some cough syrup, rest a couple of days and boom!  You're fine again.  Could I have BEEN any more wrong?!?  Holy smokes!  Cliff got sick first, ironically just a few weeks after receiving the pneumonia vaccine.  It was recommended for him because he's "high risk" with his diabetes and all.  Well, nobody said anything about the wife who lives with him getting the vaccine!  My theory is that because he had gotten the vaccine, he didn't get quite as sick as I did.  He says I'm just a weenie.  A couple of weeks into his illness I got sick.  I was out of work for 2 weeks with fevers, coughing so hard I couldn't catch a breath or began coughing up blood.  I'm very grateful for my mom and aunt stopping by to bring soups, Popsicles, dark chocolate (it's a cough suppressant ya know), chocolate chip cookies (I had a craving) and Lysol wipes and spray.  It was miserable but we're slowly on the mend.  Slowly but surely, coughing a little less.  Soon we'll be as right as rain :)

This may seem menial when compared to the next paragraph but I woke this morning really missing Buddy today.  Friday's are hard when I hear the garbage truck but not his barking after it.  I know he always felt victorious every Friday when the truck would come and he would bark and "scare it away".   Still miss that dog :(

Today has been a day of sadness for so many people.  One of my friends has a friend who, earlier this week, found their 10 year old son in bed, unconscious/not breathing.  He's been in a coma and on a ventilator all week.  He passed away today.  They determined that it was the flu that caused this.
And unless you've been under a rock all day today, you've heard about the horrible tragedy in Connecticut.  My heart is so broken for these families.  I cannot begin to imagine the horror of losing a child. It doesn't matter if it's due to an illness or a senseless act of violence.  It's all tragic.  No parent should know that kind of pain.  Please join me in praying for these families.

On the foster care front, we've finished all of our classes, gotten our fingerprinting done. We just have a couple of forms (that weren't listed on the checklist-otherwise they would've been turned in already!) to turn in to Youth for Christ. The lady processing our paperwork said that the way we've gathered/turned in our paperwork has been phenomenal. Gotta admit I was a little proud when she said that! Then my other thought was "I've waited so long to be a mom. Why would I do anything to drag out the process even longer than it has to be!?" I'm ready!! Let's get this show on the road!!!! Next step, after getting our clearances from the background checks will be the homestudy!!

Before I end this post, I would like to take a moment to congratulate one of my blog readers.  She, like me, has PCOS and struggled to conceive.   She persevered and about 6 weeks ago became a mom!  Congratulations Ashley on the birth of Baby R!  God bless you and your family now and always!

Blessed be the name of the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment