Saturday, March 24, 2012

Celebrating The Little Victories

So often we become overwhelmed by the "big problems" in our lives that we overlook the little victories.  Not wanting to take anything for granted, these are my victories this week.

  • I took/sometimes ran the stairs at work every day for the last 2 weeks.
  • It's taking me less time to recover after running the stairs at work for 2 weeks.
  • I didn't die in the stairwell at work even tho there were times I thought I might
  • I actually have muscles developing in my legs
  • I can't see my gut sticking out past my boobs any more
  • I'm finally down to only two chins
  • My insulin levels, while not improving,  are not getting worse
  • My testosterone level came down 20 points and is only 10 points away from where it was when I was having regular cycles without meds.
  • My weight has not gone up at all this week
One of my favorite Scripture verses has always been Phillipians 4:13.

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength"

Losing weight may not seem like that big of a problem to you but I've struggled with it most of my life.  I've been bullied and teased because of it.  I've had my heart broken by words and actions because of it.  I've had my dreams of motherhood wounded by it.  It seems like an insurmountable obstacle when I think that I need to lose another 100lbs on top of the 47 that I've lost so far.  I can lose this extra weight because Jesus Christ gives me the strength to.  I don't have to be strong enough, because He is. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Yes! Yes! I am so proud of you. I know that the road seems long, but I promise that it's worth it. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a touching blog. You can do it. I pray the same scripture while working out. It's worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete