Tuesday, April 24, 2012

NIAW Day 3

Infertility 101:

Who gets it?Infertility is a medical problem. Approximately 30% of infertility is due to a female factor and 30% is due to a male factor. In the balance of the cases, infertility results from problems in both partners or the cause of the infertility cannot be explained.

Have you ever thought about everything that has to take place for a woman to conceive?  Most people think man+woman+sex=baby.  Well I'm here to testify...that is NOT the case!

Did you know that not every woman's cycle is 28 days long?  Did you know that a woman only has a few days out of that cycle where she is fertile? Not only does intercourse have to be timed just right but there are hormones that have to spike/fall at certain times to induce ovulation, support implantation, maintain the pregnancy for at least 9 months.  Did you know that if the woman's cervical fluid is not the right consistancy the sperm will get trapped and not make it to the egg that's waiting to be fertilized? (How's THAT for enlightening!?)

I will never understand how someone can look into the face of their child and not acknowledge that there is a God.  The miracle that takes place to form a whole new human being from 2 little cells is mind blowing.  One little sperm and one little egg meet and grow into a whole new human being with it's own DNA, it's own spirit, it's own separate life.  How incredible is that?!?!?
It's amazing to me that from the time those cells meet, the baby's hair color, eye color, height, what diseases that person may be prone to, has all been determined.

Psalm 139:13-16
 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment