Saturday, April 28, 2012

NIAW Day 7: Dont Ignore Infertility

It's been an interesting week for me.  It's the first time I've blogged every day (ok well technically Cliff wrote yesterday's).  It was more difficult than I thought it would be.  I had a tough time trying to come up with topics.  Seems like I've said it all before.  I hope this week has shed a little light on infertility and it's affect on the people suffering from it, how it affects all relationships not just marriages. I'm really not sure how to wrap up this week.  I want to end on a positive note but honestly I have a difficult time finding anything positive about infertility.  I guess a positive thing would be the friends I've met online who share this struggle with me.  First we were BLOCKheads and sisters then realized we're "cysters". ;) I'm sorry that it's a struggle for you too but am grateful that I don't have to go thru this alone.
This week has been about bringing awareness to infertility. The theme for the week is "Don't Ignore Infertility".  This week I got a glimpse of how people may feel/act towards me.  I have a friend whose boyfriend was killed a couple of weeks ago.  Yesterday was the first time I'd seen her since and I was at a loss as to what to say.  I didn't dare ask "How are you doing?".  I know the answer to that.  "He's in a better place"?  I would punch me for saying that!  What do you say to someone when you can't even begin to know how they feel?!  I did exactly what I've been "preaching" about all week.  I ignored the situation.  I smiled at her and completely avoided/ignored the heartache she's going thru.  I imagine that must be a little of how my friends feel towards me...not sure what to say, how to act.  It's easier to ignore the situation.  I guess it takes a little bit of courage to not ignore someone's struggles. 
I would like to thank everyone who took the time to read and comment on the blog.  The support, prayers, the hugs and just acknowledging that it is a difficult thing to go thru, are very appreciated. 
I'm thankful for my husband who is so private, taking the time to write a blog and put his thoughts and feelings out there for the world to see.  Love you Babe <3
 

 I'm thankful for those that share the heartache, for one day we will share in the joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment