I had said I was taking a break from all the fertility stuff and would try again after my birthday. Well my birthday is August 10. The earliest I could get an appointment with the Group Health "specialist" was August 26th. (He's just a regular Ob/Gyn but he will do the "basic" infertility stuff like intra-uterine inseminations "IUI") Since my appointment was so far away and it's been nearly 10 years since we went this route, I called to see if there were any tests that I could do beforehand. Our first go-round I had to do ultrasounds and a lovely little procedure call a hysterosalpingogram (HSG). An HSG is where they jack you open like the Grand Canyon and shoot dye into your fallopian tubes under a fluoroscope to see if there are any blockages in the tubes. Anyhow, I was hoping that if these tests needed to be repeated due to the length of time in between, that I could get them out of the way while waiting for my appointment. The doctor called me Sunday night to answer my question. Thankfully the answer was "NO" I did not need to repeat that particular test. He agreed with my plan of trying IUI's for up to three more tries. He also said "I was supposed to be off this week but I'm actually back in clinic tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I have an opening. Could you come in at 10:30?" You mean, can I run downstairs on my lunch break to get the ball rolling?? Um HECK YEAH!
Now the first time we did fertility stuff it took months to titrate up to a dose of Clomid that actually made me ovulate, which ended up being the maximum dose. This time Dr Su did an ultrasound to check my ovaries, ordered a blood pregnancy test to insure that I'm not pregnant before starting the meds and ordered the maximum dose of the meds for me without making me wait the titration period.
Soooo, at this moment I'm not sure what to do! I still haven't gotten the results of the pregnancy test and he wanted me to start the meds tonight. I'm 99.9999999999999999% sure I'm not pregnant but what if? Guess I'll call first thing in the morning to see if I should go ahead and start. I HATE not starting the meds tonight. I'm ready to get this process in motion!!! I have a follow up ultrasound on Friday to see if the meds worked then we go from there. *Fingers crossed :)